Effective: 31 May, 2017
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the personal information collected is secure and kept confidential.
1. Information We Collect
When you create a Onlinepay account, or otherwise provide Onlinepay with your personal information through your use of the Website, Onlinepay collects personal information which may include your:
- Full name;
- Identification number (e.g. passport number, identity card number, etc.) and/or details;
- Date of birth
- Company name (if any);
- Home and/or work address;
- Email address;
- Credit card details;
- Bank account details;
- Phone number (mobile and/or fixed line); and/or
- Information about your URL website (if any).
2. Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
2.4 By providing the personal information of any third party to Onlinepay, you warrant and represent that you have obtained the required consent from that relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
3. Collection of Personal Information
3.1 Onlinepay may collect personal information through, but not limited to the following means:
- Account opening — By signing up for a Onlinepay account, you may be required to enter your personal information to store with your account.
- Use of the Services — If you are using Services, you may be required to enter your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling a transaction.
3.2 We limit the collection of personal information only to information which is necessary for the provision of the Services.
3.3 Onlinepay does not knowingly collect any personal information from any persons under the age of eighteen (18) years.
4. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Onlinepay reserves the right to collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process and/or government request, including but not limited to customer due diligence, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism financing-related purposes;
- market research in relation to the Services;
- to improve the Website and Onlinepay’s products and/or Services;
- to fulfill your requests when using our products or Services;
- to fulfill transactions with Merchants;
- to communicate with you and other visitors to the Website;
- to allow you to access the Website and Services;
- for any billing requirements and to maintain relevant payment records;
- to respond to any claims by third parties or in response to any potential breach of any agreements or policies that govern your use of the Website or any of the Services;
- to protect the rights of Onlinepay, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Website; and/or
- to identify and resolve any technical problems relating to the Website and Services
5. Collection of Other Data
- your computer’s IP address;
- browser type;
- webpages you visited before you came to the Website;
- the pages within the Website which you visited;
- the time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on the Website, access times and dates, and other statistics
5.2 The data collected may be used by Onlinepay for the following purposes:
- analysis and evaluation in order to help Onlinepay to improve the Website and the Services;
- enabling certain features and functions on the Website, or Services;
- building up user profiles;
- administering Services to you and to our advertisers; and
- establishing usage statistics on the Onlinepay platform.
5.3 Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies. You may turn off cookies while browsing the Website but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the Website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
6. Disclosure, Processing and Retention of Data
6.1 Onlinepay shall only disclose your information:
- to Onlinepay’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Onlinepay’s behalf for any of the purposes identified under section 4 of this Policy;
- if Onlinepay has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Onlinepay’s rights or property, other users of the Website or Services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; or
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation, as permitted or otherwise as required by law.
6.2 Personal information collected from you may also be transferred to a third party:
- Where Onlinepay is required to engage its affiliates and/or other third parties to provide products and/or services to you on Onlinepay’s behalf. In such cases, Onlinepay will only provide information to third parties on a ‘need to know’ basis, and Onlinepay will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate to the nature of their work for Onlinepay;
- to verify the accuracy of the personal information that has been provided to us;
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- we are required to do so because of an applicable law, court order or governmental regulation, or if such disclosure is otherwise necessary in support of any criminal or other legal investigation or proceeding here or abroad.
6.3 Where payments to Merchants are made through the Website, Onlinepay may share personal information which can include your name, delivery address, and telephone number, for the purposes of enabling the Merchant to fulfil the transaction.
6.4 Information relating to bank accounts and other financial information will never be disclosed to anyone through this Website, unless Onlinepay must do so to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process and/or government request.
6.5 Where personal information is shared with third parties, Onlinepay will exercise all reasonable efforts to ensure that such third parties keep your personal information secure.
6.7 After your account becomes inactive or after your termination of the Services, Onlinepay will keep your personal information in its archives for a duration as may be required under any applicable laws or regulations. Your information will be used only as necessary for tax purposes or to prove Onlinepay’s compliance with any applicable law.
7. Access and Updates to Personal Information
7.1 You have the right to request for, access, and review any personal information Onlinepay has collected and retained from you.
7.2 You are responsible for informing Onlinepay about changes to your personal information and have the right to request for the amendment of inaccurate or incomplete personal information by submitting a request via email. Onlinepay will verify all requests and effect the corrections or updates as soon as reasonably possible.
7.3 In order to verify your personal information, Onlinepay may request for supporting documentation to corroborate the personal information provided.
8. Security Safeguards
8.1 Onlinepay protects your personal information by:
- restricting third party access to any personal information;
- maintaining relevant software and technology within the Website and Services to prevent unauthorized computer access;
- encrypting personal information kept on record;
- securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose.
8.2 If you believe that your personal information on the Onlinepay Website has been breached or compromised, please contact Onlinepay immediately.
8.3 As a security measure you are encouraged to use unique numbers, letters and special characters when setting your account password. Do not share your Onlinepay password to anyone. If you share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken under and through your account and you could also be legally bound by actions performed using your account. If your password has been compromised, or you have grounds to believe it has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately contact Onlinepay and change your password.
8.4 You are reminded to log off from your account and close the browser when using a shared computer.
9. External Website Links
All products and services provided by us are subject to the applicable Terms of Service found on the Website and governed by the laws of Singapore.